Welcome to Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
We are a Roman Catholic Community of Christians called to be a priestly people, a household of faith, a temple of the Holy Spirit, a beacon of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church shining for Jesus Christ in the heart of Christian County.
Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church
902 E. 9th St.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky 42240
A Call to Political Responsibility from the
Catholic Bishops of the United States
Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship
Llamado de los Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos
a la responsabilidad política
Formando La Conciencia Para Ser Ciudadanos Fieles
Saints Peter and Paul Thrift Store
Thrift Store is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Additional Volunteers Needed– see Angie at the store if you can help.
Donations Accepted-Anytime store is open and on Thursdays from 10:00-12:30 pm.
Please wear a Mask and practice social distancing.
To follow the latest Diocesan updates from Bishop Medley please click this linkhttps://owensborodiocese.org/
Mass can be viewed on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/stsppchurch/ A Facebook account is not necessary to view our page.
We appreciate the patience and charity that everyone has shown as we continue to respond to the pandemic. We encourage everyone to stay as safe as possible and evaluate their own family situation in their decision to attend Mass.
Some reminders regarding Mass:
- Bishop Medley continues the dispensation from obligation to attend Sunday and Holy Day Masses until further notice
- If you are vulnerable or if you think there is a possibility that your family could present a risk to others who may be vulnerable, please stay home and continue to tune in on Facebook and/or WSPP 93.5 Catholic Radio Station.
- Doors open 30 minutes prior to Mass
Weekend Schedule: Saturday – 5:00 p.m. –English
Sunday – 8:00 a.m. –English
Sunday – 10:30 a.m.–English and live streamed on Facebook and 93.5
Sunday – 2:00 p.m.–Spanish and live streamed on Facebook and 93.5
Sunday – 4:00 p.m.–Parish Holy Hour and live streamed on Facebook
Sunday – 10:30 p.m. –Spanish
Weekday Schedule: Monday – Tuesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday:
8:00 a.m. – English; live streamed on Facebook and 93.5
Wednesday – 5:30 p.m. – English; live streamed on Facebook and 93.5
- Wednesday 4:30 pm prior to Mass
- Saturday, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- By appointment, please call 270-885-8522
As directed by the Diocese of Owensboro, we have made the following changes:
- Mask or facial coverings are to be worn by everyone. A few masks are available, however, our supplies are limited, please bring your own. If people are uncomfortable or children are not mature enough to wear a mask for the entire Mass, please consider staying home in order to protect others.
- Baptismal/Holy Water font will remain empty; however, our Holy Water tank will be available with individual bottles, to take home.
- Parishioners are asked to remain socially distanced in church. Please keep this in mind when choosing a seat.
- Bishop’s room/cry room is not available at this time.
- Hymnals, missalettes and prayer cards have been removed.
- Collection baskets will be placed on the table in front of the round window, in the narthex and on the table by the great window near the 9th street exit.
- Holy Communion (Body of Christ only) will be distributed through three aisles. Ushers will be available as usual for assistance. Masks are to remain on and only taken down to receive the Blessed Sacrament
- 300 people will be allowed into the church for the celebration of the Eucharist as designated by our Bishop’s direction of 50% of occupancy.
- Please do not congregate in Narthex, parking lot or near the Church entrance
- Bulletins will continue to be emailed weekly and available online. A limited number of printed copies will be available.
- To continue social distancing, ushers will dismiss pews.
Before coming to Mass:
- Take your temperature and that of everyone in your household. Temperatures of 100°+ should stay home.
- For children and adults alike, we ask everyone to use the restroom before coming to Mass. Due to restrictions; we’ve closed the main restrooms. The restroom in the Bishop’s room will be available for emergencies. Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult to the restroom.
These guidelines will be adjusted from time to time.