Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church
Welcome to Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church
We are a Roman Catholic Community of Christians called to be a priestly people, a household of faith, a temple of the Holy Spirit, a beacon of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church shining for Jesus Christ in the heart of Christian County.
Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church
902 E. 9th St.
Hopkinsville, Kentucky 42240
Weekday Mass Schedule:
Monday through Saturday 8:00 am
Wednesday and Thursday evenings 5:30 pm (Thursday Spanish)
Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturday 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am, 10:30 am (English) 2:00 pm, 10:30 pm (Spanish)
Sunday Parish Holy Hour-4:00 pm
Wednesday 4:30 pm
Saturday, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
By appointment, please call 270-885-8522
Parish Office Summer Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am-Noon
https://www.facebook.com/stsppchurch/ A Facebook account is not necessary to view our page.
Returning to Mass
- The following will take effect on June 11, 2021. All except the general obligation may be implemented at the pastor’s discretion. In six weeks, these practices will be reviewed to ensure that the safety of all is being maintained. If the virus begins to spread in parishes before then, steps will be taken to implement greater safety measures once again.
- The general obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is to be reinstated on the weekend of June 12-13, 2021. Again, those who are ill, have significant health risk factors, care for someone who is immuno-compromised or ill, as well as those who have significant fear or anxiety of contracting the coronavirus in a large group of persons are not obliged (CCC 2181).
- Per Kentucky State guidelines, masks are not required for anyone (including those who are unvaccinated), except by personal choice.
- Physical distancing is not required for anyone (including for those who are unvaccinated), except by personal choice.
- Holy water fonts and baptismal fonts may be filled and used by the faithful, but should be cleaned regularly.
- It is recommended that the Sign of Peace is offered without physical touch for now.
- The Precious Blood is not to be distributed to the faithful until further notice.
- At this time, receiving Communion in the hand remains the safest way to ensure that the virus is not being spread from one Communicant to the next. It is strongly recommended, therefore, that Communion in the hand remain as the preferred method for distribution. However, Communion may be received on the tongue at the pastor’s discretion, provided that the minister’s hands are sanitized before and after. To view the complete update visit https://owensborodiocese.org/2021/06/03/letter-from-bishop-william-f-medley-regarding-sunday-holyday-obligation-and-liturgy-guidelines/
Saints Peter and Paul Thrift Store
The Thrift Store is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10:00 am-2:00 pm and the second Saturday of each month 10:00 am-2:00 pm.
Additional Volunteers Needed– see Angie at the store if you can help.
Donations Accepted-Anytime store is open. Please, do not leave items at the back door.
Please wear a Mask and practice social distancing.